Farm animals (including poultry) raised for food, clothing, and other products or uses.
- Glossary: Diversified Farms
- Let’s Build a Calf – a Look at GeneticsHave you ever wondered why you have black hair but your sibling has blond hair? My eyes are blue but my mom's are brown - why is that? These same things happen with livestock. It is national beef month, so now is a perfect time to take a look at genetic traits in beef cattle with our Build-a-calf Workshop.
- Chickens, and Pigs, and Dairy Cows – OH MY!Minnesota is home to a wide variety of agricultural animals that provide us with food and many other items we use every day! My daughters and I thought it would be fun to highlight two breakfast ideas that include products from three Minnesota-grown animals – chickens (eggs), pigs (Canadian bacon) and dairy cattle (cheese).
- Mathiowetz Family Farm Virtual Field TripJoin us as we visit the Mathiowetz Family Farm in Morgan, Minnesota. Joel is a fifth-generation farmer working alongside his father, brother and two uncles raising corn, soybeans and peas. We will be in the tractor with him as he is in the field sharing about farming corn and soybeans and he does to get his crops planted.
- Farmfest Farm Woman of the Year