Farm animals (including poultry) raised for food, clothing, and other products or uses.
- High Tech FarmingMinnesota agriculture is filled with unique and diverse businesses throughout the state. This tour will feature a couple unique family owned and operated stops and lunch from a local favorite that prides themselves on handcrafting fresh foods to make people feel good. We will also have time to share our favorite classroom activities and all the resources Minnesota Agriculture in the Classroom has to offer.
- Virtual Field Trip with Ponwith FarmsJoin us for a ride in the combine as we harvest field corn with a southern Minnesota farmer! Together we will explore the common uses of field corn, learn more about technology used in agriculture, and get an up close tour of the combine used to harvest the crop. Tune in with your class to bring a whole new meaning to the harvest season! This virtual field trip is geared towards K-5th grade.
- Farmfest Women Farmer of the Year 2022On August 2-4, 2022 Minnesota Farmfest, Minnesota’s largest agricultural event, with over 500 exhibitors and venders. Farmfest has been held at Gilfillan Estate which is a historic farm in Morgan, Minnesota in Redwood County and has proudly hosted Farmfest since 1994. The final day of Farmfest is filled with honoring farm families across the state of Minnesota including the University of Minnesota Farm Family of the Year award and the highly esteemed Farmfest Women Farmer of the Year Award.
- Let’s Build a Calf – a Look at GeneticsHave you ever wondered why you have black hair but your sibling has blond hair? My eyes are blue but my mom's are brown - why is that? These same things happen with livestock. It is national beef month, so now is a perfect time to take a look at genetic traits in beef cattle with our Build-a-calf Workshop.
- Spring Planting Focus Area