Areas of land where plants and animals are grown or raised for food, clothing, and more.
- Agriculture: Local to GlobalAre agricultural products grown in Minnesota exported all over the world? Do Minnesota farmers provide food for our state’s citizens? The answer to both these questions is yes! This three-day tour investigated both local and global agriculture and food systems. This tour was offered in partnership with the Minnesota Alliance for Geographic Education (MAGE) and was funded through a grant from the National Geographic Society.
- Field to French FryExperience your very own Farm Camp tour with RD Offutt Farms! Go on a behind the scenes look at a potato’s journey from field to french fry during our Virtual Farm Camp Experience with director, Ann Vote.
- Farmfest Women Farmer of the Year 2022On August 2-4, 2022 Minnesota Farmfest, Minnesota’s largest agricultural event, with over 500 exhibitors and venders. Farmfest has been held at Gilfillan Estate which is a historic farm in Morgan, Minnesota in Redwood County and has proudly hosted Farmfest since 1994. The final day of Farmfest is filled with honoring farm families across the state of Minnesota including the University of Minnesota Farm Family of the Year award and the highly esteemed Farmfest Women Farmer of the Year Award.
- Virtual Field Trip to Pine Tree Apple Orchard￼Pine Tree Apple Orchard owner John Jacobson will show the many tools and strategies used for growing apples including irrigation, insect and pest control, and more! We'll see and hear about the apple varieties grown and how apples are harvested, sorted and made available to all of us!
- Cows, Creamery and the CooperageMinnesota agriculture is filled with unique and diverse businesses throughout the state. This tour will feature a couple unique family owned and operated stops and lunch from a local favorite that prides themselves on handcrafting fresh foods to make people feel good. We will also have time to share our favorite classroom activities and all the resources Minnesota Agriculture in the Classroom has to offer.