Areas of land where plants and animals are grown or raised for food, clothing, and more.
- A Day in the Life of a FarmerHave you ever wondered what a day is like for a pig farmer? Well, I am going to share with you what our daily life is like at our farm, which is located in Martin County, Minnesota.
- Take a Field Trip, Virtually!When it's physically impossible to visit a farm or agricultural site, you can take a virtual field trip! Our Minnesota Agriculture in the Classroom program has enjoyed connecting classrooms of students with Minnesota farms and farmers.
- Happy Spring!Happy Spring or as I say to my own kids…I’m so excited to smell the dirt again! As spring is springing into action, I (Toni Dauwalter) am stuck at home like the rest of you. BUT, as an optimist...I am finding fun ways to bring JOY to our family. I can’t wait to share some of these things with all of you too on this blog! Sneak peek...think - chicks hatching, baby bunnies, planting seeds!!
- Baby ChicksWhich came first, the chicken or the egg? Well, according to my kids…’Mom! We get the eggs from a chicken, duh.’ I guess they might not be that into philosophy, but they sure are into baby chicks! Spring is synonymous to tiny chirps coming from tiny fluffy chicks in a tub in our kitchen. We have had baby chicks in our house every year for the past seven years, so for my kids it truly is part of every spring.
- Soup-er Lesson for Students Grades 3-5Do your students know where their food is grown? How about what vegetables are found in their soup? This engaging lesson helps students identify the source of the food they eat and investigate the processes and people involved in getting food from the farm to their spoon.