Every part of a plant is important. Each part helps the plant grow and become food for people and animals.
Can you guess what each plant part (above) does? Drag or click the plant part from above into the correct slot.
1. These move water from the roots up to the other parts of the plant.
2. These hold the plant in the soil and help bring in nutrients.
3. These can be used to grow new plants.
4. These hold and protect the seeds.
5. These are part of the plant bees look for so they can help seeds form.
6. These help the plant collect sunlight so it can make food.
Fun Fact: Minnesota ranks 4th nationally in dry edible bean production. Dry edible beans include pinto, navy, Great Northern, kidney, and black beans.
What's orange and sounds like a parrot?